Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presale Evaluation License shows as expired on first use.  (Read 5208 times)

RossHale

Presale Evaluation License shows as expired on first use.
« on: June 05, 2011, 03:02:08 AM »
First, your FlexibleTreeView appears very attractive in power and scope. Your samples show a very nice interface. For my evaluation, I wanted to know if it could be used to work with arbitrary, hierachical ADO.NET EntityFramework 4.1 databases introduced at runtime.
I suspect that FlexibleTreeView will be very suitable for enriching the end-user experience,
when applications are more fully defined and setttled.

After a delightful experience with building and using your sample suite,
I built a class library for an EF 4.1 model and database and include a very simple winform with a Flexible TreeView. I copied the generated license file from the class library to the folder holding the executable that uses the class library and to the current directory for the running of the executable.

*** On execution, the Trial License reports expired ***
*** I use a DOS command prompt to use your LicenseManager to install from files
*** each of the license files (generated and copied) with said install reporting success.
*** However the Trial License still reports expired ***
*** Good luck with your product, I liked what I could see of it.
*** I guess that it would not do well with arbitrary hierachical databases
*** without specific coding in the Flexible TreeView API and/or Visual Studio design work.
Ross Hale

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
Re: Presale Evaluation License shows as expired on first use.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »
Hello Ross,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your feedback!

I copied the generated license file from the class library to the folder holding the executable that uses the class library and to the current directory for the running of the executable.

If by 'generated license file' you mean the auto-generated file licenses.licx then it is not enough to just copy it to the folder with executable. You need to build your app with this file included. Please send us your sample project and we`ll find the problem quickly.

*** On execution, the Trial License reports expired ***
*** I use a DOS command prompt to use your LicenseManager to install from files
*** each of the license files (generated and copied) with said install reporting success.
*** However the Trial License still reports expired ***

The LicenseManager only intended to install the license (from command line, not VS) that you can buy here, not the licenses.licx auto-generated file which acts only as a list of licenses that .NET compiler should check on build.

*** I guess that it would not do well with arbitrary hierachical databases
*** without specific coding in the Flexible TreeView API and/or Visual Studio design work.

Flexible TreeView supports plain and hierarchical data sources out-the-box. Please refer to this topic for details. You just need to define KeyFieldName/ParentFieldName values with the ID and ParentId columns of your data source and Flexible TreeView will do the rest job for you.
The first goal of Flexible TreeView was to provide a solution that do all job instead of the developer but allows to override the behavior and appearance (only) when it needed.

We`ll happy to help you with other questions if you have.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:02:46 PM by Ruslan »

RossHale

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 04:29:46 AM »
Thanks Ruslan for your efforts,

Sorry for being confusing about my report.
Much of it was simply trying things that were likely wrong (and were).

I believe I was trying a scenario that is just not suited to your licensing mechanism.
My main application host is a third party interpreting host that can load .Net assemblies dynamically.
I can not compile it to include a license mechanism hooked to a .Net assembly.
I was hopefull that compiling a .Net class assembly with Flexible TreeView and license
would give me a way to success.

Now I don't believe so.

Thanks for the help.

Ross Hale

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 12:18:07 PM »
I was hopefull that compiling a .Net class assembly with Flexible TreeView and license
would give me a way to success.

That`s correct and enough to use Flexible TreeView even in such dynamic application like your! All what you need is:
  • add the reference to Flexible TreeView assembly into the solution with your .Net class assembly. You don`t need to recompile your host application, as I understand your app hierarchy.
  • licenses.licx file should be auto-generated by VS in YourProject\Properties folder. That`s mandatory!
  • compile your project in VS. Note that the compilation should pass successfully but with trial popup!

Now you can use your assembly with Flexible TreeView in this host application. Note that Flexible TreeView will work in your assembly in trial mode.

You have the second way: you trial Flexible TreeView (FTV) within some your application (to test only FTV in a easier environment) which will answer you whether Flexible TreeView suit your needs. Then you buy the license key, compile your assembly and use it anywhere in any .NET application without popups and dances with license.licx file compilation, even with dynamic loading, etc.

Feel free to write to us if you have other questions. We`ll help you with both ways.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Copyright © 2006-2017 ARMSoft. All rights reserved.