Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 days after trial install, get License expired error?  (Read 7677 times)

npreiser

• Customer
2 days after trial install, get License expired error?
« on: February 27, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
I just installed the trial on friday, and and started getting a bad license/end of trial period error.

I uninstalled/ reinstalled,   same error,  I can't add the control / compile with it in. 

Please help,  I am still evaluating the component,  and will purchase this week if I can complete
eval,
thanks,

see attached error:

Nick P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:35:13 AM by npreiser »

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
Re: 2 days after trial install, get License expired error?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:35:51 AM »
Hello Nick,

Thank you for your interest to our product.

The trial gets expired when our engine detects some suspicious changes in your system like current date change or so. In this case you can extend your trial by opening command window (cmd.exe) and running there this command '\tools\LicenseManager.exe -trial reset' from the Flexible TreeView install folder.
Please note that each such run extends your trial by 5 days and you have only 4 tries (so if first run has failed please take a screenshot of the opened command window and send to us or attach here) to run this command to trial the product within 20 additional days (5*4).

Anyway, feel free to contact us if this didn`t help.

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »
Hello Nick,

Do you need additional assistance?

tttaff

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »
I just got the same error and this is only my second day to evaluate the product. I can assure  you that nothing out of the ordinary has happened on my system. This doesn't look good when evaluating your product against others. I'm supposed to get a 21 day evaluation period, not 5 days.

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 07:47:20 PM »
Sorry about that. There`s no hidden intention to push you to buy a license in any case. This problem may happen when something went wrong in our licensing control flow. To fix that, please run the command prompt (cmd.exe) under a Windows admin account and from there run 'FTV_INSTALL_PATH\Bin\LicenseManager.exe -reset' (without single quotes) only once. This should report 'Done' onto the console and add you 5 days to trial Flexible TreeView. You have 4 tries (including that you did) to run it, so you`ll have 20 days of trial to go further. If after that you need more, please contact us.

We really sorry that you have such problem and trying to find the reason.

tttaff

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »
This happened again today, and I discovered that if I right click my Visual Studio shortcut and select "Run as administrator" that I don't get the error.

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »
Now we`re working on adding a log info why this happens and within first half of the next week we`ll send you this updated version so will be able to quickly find out the reason. Could you please continue trial Flexible TreeView under an admin account.

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
Hello,
This happened again today, and I discovered that if I right click my Visual Studio shortcut and select "Run as administrator" that I don't get the error.
Could you please check the Windows Event Log and in the 'Application' log group find log records with the Source column value equal to 'Flexible TreeView'. Is there any?

tttaff

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
I started Visual Studio, ran my Flexible TreeView test project, got the license error again, but nothing in the event log.

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »
Please check your e-mail box for an improved version of Flexible TreeView. Please follow steps from this e-mail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Copyright © 2006-2017 ARMSoft. All rights reserved.