Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enquiry For TreeView Control  (Read 7453 times)

anand

Enquiry For TreeView Control
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:57:46 PM »
Hi,

Im a software developer working in a company in Oman and we are interested in buying 1 developer license for Treeview component. I have even download the trial version but the sample code u have given is only in Visual Studio 2008 and we are using Visual Studio 2005.

Can you please provide sample code for Visual Studio 2005 so that it will be helpful for us to see the component in detail. Also u have not provided any documentation how to use the component.
Actually we want to use the component like windows explorer style to view folders / files in treeview. So if you can provide me with some information and example in Visual studio 2005 it will be helpful.

Looking for an early response in this regard as it is very urgent.

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
Re: Enquiry For TreeView Control
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 09:46:56 PM »
Hello Anand,

Thank you for your interest to our product.

Unfortunately all our development environment is on the Visual Studio 2008 platform so we need time to export a sample project to VS 2005 for you. Right now we can provide you our compiled samples (you need the .NET 2.0 installed), please see an attached file.
While we are working on that you can try to do that by yourself - just create a new VS 2005 WinForms application and include all files from our VS2008 sample project (including all resources). That`s all.
If you`ll accomplish that by yourself, please give us to know.
We`ll send you a VS2005 samples when they will be ready.

About your use case: fortunately our samples have an example right what you need (windows explorer emulation with load on demand and multimedia file preview features in action). Please run an attached sample to see it in action.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask us.

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 09:55:40 PM »
About documentation for the Flexible TreeView: right now we are working on the Knowledge Base (which will be included into the installation) where you can find answers of how you can use our component with max benefits.

anand

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:18:41 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your mail.

As suggested by you, I made a project in VS 2005 and added all the files from your VS 2008 project but there were alot of errors coming. I somehow tried to run your project in VS 2008 also but I am getting license expire error.

Can you please send me only the Windows explorer sample in VS 2008 because our basic need is to use Treeview for showing files and folders as shown in your sample of Windows explorer. If you can send me only the windows explorer sample with code then it will help me to understand the code better and quickly. Also then I can try to make VS 2005 program by myself.

Also I would like to ask you that is it possible to show checkboxes in front of each node ( i.e. to check the node).

Hope you can send the sample at the earliest so that we can decide on using your Flexible Treeview in our software and start our development soon.

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:18:41 PM »
Hello, Anand.

We`ve prepared an explorer-only sample project for VS2008. Please view the attached file and run compiled .exe in the Bin folder.

>Also I would like to ask you that is it possible to show checkboxes in front of each node ( i.e. to check the node).
Yes, of course, you can have unlimited quantity of the node controls (see below) which will display a node`s class data. This can be check boxs, radio buttons, textes, images, combo boxes, numerics, expandable texts, expandable custom contexts etc. FTV does`nt limit you!

Now let me to make an introduction to the FTV backgrounds before you can read it in our Knowledge Base later:
All treeview`s content is constructed by placeholders - Node Controls (see the NodeControls treeview`s property in the VS properties window) which are bounded to the node`s class member and will show it in the tree. So, for instance, if you need to show a check box (icon only! without text) you`ll need to add the NodeCheckBox node control in the VS designer and adjust the node control`s Visible property to the True.
Every node control bounded to the node`s class member which name is stated in the NodeConrol.DataFieldName property. For instance, every node (FlexibleTreeView.Node class) has the CheckState built-in property to which the NodeCheckBox is bounded by default (DataFieldName="CheckState"), so you don`t need any additional properties changes for this node control in the designer! Just drop it and add nodes to a tree.
On the other hand, every node control is bounded to the area, where it will be displayed like treeview`s column or treeview itself, if it does`nt have any column. So if your treeview has any column you need to bind a node control to the appropriate column where you want to display this node control. To do that open the treeview.Columns property VS designer, find an appropriate column and remember the Id property value. Then open node controls VS designer and past it to the appropriate node control`s ColumnId property. That`s all. Changing the ColumnId value you`ll move this node control between columns.

So to show some content in the tree follow next steps:
1) add (in the NodeControls property designer) appropriate node controls to the tree according to which content you want to show (for instance, for text content it`s the NodeTextBox, for image it`s NodeImage etc.) and adjust the DataFieldName property to the Node`s class field name from where to get a content. For instance, to show a text, adjust it to the 'Text' value etc. ARMSoft.FlexibleTreeView.Node has the Text and CheckState built-in useful properties.
2) adjust some general settings to the treeview itself like a static or dynamic node height (Options->Node->AutoNodeHeight) etc.
3) add nodes to the treeview (for now there`s no visual node designer. It will come in the near next releases):
to show a text do:
Node node;
node = new Node("Sample text");
node.Attach(treeview); // add node to the tree`s root

to show an image:
NodeWithImage nodeImage;
nodeImage = new NodeWithImage(null, someImage); // someImage is an image instance

to show a check box (only check image, without text! To add a text, add the NodeTextBox node control later):
Node node;
node = new Node("Sample text");
node.CheckState = ARMSoft.FlexibleTreeView.eCheckState.Checked;

Please note that you add as many node controls as many data you need to display.
To add some non-standart properties/behavior to the node class just derive your class from the ARMSoft.FlexibleTreeView.Node class and bind node controls to your class`s members.
Moreover, you can add to the treeview any Node derived classes instances simultaneously:
Node node = new Node("Native node").AttachTo(tree);
class MyNode : Node
{
private string CustomTextToShow;
}
MyNode myNode = new Node("Custom node").AttachTo(tree);

Now you know how to construct the treeview`s view parts and how to fill that treeview with data (nodes).

If you have any other questions feel free to ask us.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:31:13 PM by Ruslan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Copyright © 2006-2017 ARMSoft. All rights reserved.