Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unlock button missing  (Read 5652 times)

jrg

Unlock button missing
« on: October 21, 2013, 04:37:55 PM »
Hi,

after having installed the trial version, then used the licensed version, which is in our team project repository, uninstalled the trial version, I get the FTV-splash-screen displayed without any "Unlock" button. I have no opportunity to unlock the FTV-library...

How can I register the license-key?

Please help me,

Jerome

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
Re: Unlock button missing
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »
Hello,

If you don`t see the Unlock button that`s for sure is not a registered version installed. Please uninstall any installed version of Flexible TreeView. Then check .NET GAC and make sure there`s no ARMSoft.*.dll assemblies remain. After that install the registered version under an admin account, restart VS and follow steps specified in the registration information e-mail sent to your registered e-mail.

Please contact us in this doesn`t help.
BTW, your forum`s account maybe marked as a registered customer so you`ll be able to post your support requests in the private Customer Forum and get the answers faster. To do that you need to send us such request from your registered e-mail.

jrg

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »
No,
I uninstalled the current version, checked in the GAC: no Armsoft dlls..., reinstalled the Licensed-version... The popup never contains any "Unlock" button...!!!!!
Please give me the opportunity to unlock the library... I have only 5 days remaining... after my trial version expires...

Please DO SOMETHING!!!!

Thank you in advanc,
JRG

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »
Please attach the screenshot of the Flexible TreeView`s About dialog that could be shown in VS by clicking the right mouse button on the Flexible TreeView control and selecting the 'About' menu item.

Also, Flexible TreeView comes with the License Manager (ToolsLicenseManager.exe) tools. Please run it with this command under an admin account:

LicenseManager.exe -i <YOUR_LICENSE_KEY_STRING>

After that restart VS and check that the 'Trial' message is absent.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:52:42 PM by Ruslan »

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:49:31 PM »
Also, is there a chance that you`ve increased the Windows system font size (set it to more than 100%)?

jrg

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »
Hi,
No the licenseManager command didn't solve the issue.
I once installed the trial version 3.7.7, uninstalled it, and afterward I installed the 3.7.6 registered version (the only I currently have) ... it is certainly the issue as the version displayed in the "trial dialog" is 3.7.7 even if I uninstalled the 3.7.7 trial and installed the 3.7.6 instead... The uninstaller of 3.7.7. seems to make dirty job as it doesn't allow to install a registered version with lower version number.

I will try to download and install the registered version 3.7.7 and tell you about the result...

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 02:34:18 PM »
You can`t download the registered version from our site (it`s only sent by our system when you order the license), there`s only the trial version.
The obvious reason is GAC or some kind of caching, so please do the following:
  • Uninstall all version of Flexible TreeView.
  • Close VS.
  • Search for ARMSoft.FlexibleTreeView*.dll on your computer and remove the found assemblies manually.
  • Install the registered version and restart VS.

Sorry for the inconveniences, we didn`t receive such an issue from our customers.

Please respond if that didn`t fix the issue.

jrg

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »
Thank you for the tips!

... I searched for all ARMSoft dlls: I found copies of them in an AppData subfolder maintained by the Redgate decompiler .Net reflector... so I uninstalled all redgate's tools I have on my computer and deleted the AppData folder... and it solved the problem!!!

Thank you for your support!

JRG

Ruslan

• Flexible TreeView Team
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »
Great that this issue has been solved! Please contact us in case of other questions.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:39:33 PM by Ruslan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Copyright © 2006-2017 ARMSoft. All rights reserved.